Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving pics!

Hello everyone,
 I know I have already posted after Thanksgiving, however, I wanted to show you all some of the process of the food! Overall we had SO much food, that after I write this up, I will be enjoying some yummy leftovers!! So, I will make it quick!
 My cousin and I were in charge of desserts! We made apple pie, pumpkin pie, cranberry sorbet, and vanilla bean ice cream! The sorbet and ice cream were made in an electric ice cream maker my brother bought me for my birthday last year! Thanks Buddy!!

It came out SOO yummy! Of course to every one else it tasted SUPER tart, but I LOVE cranberry's so, it was PERFECTION!
 
 
This was the recipe that my great, great grandma used for pie dough! It ends up making like 8 single crusts! SUPER YUMMY! Just, remember when making pie dough, you want to make the butter in to small pellets!!

And, with leftover pumpkin, it is super easy to make a lovely egg nog mix! Just add egg nog, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves to the pumpkin and whisk thoroughly!

 I had a wonderful holiday and I have SO much to be thankful for! I hope everyone else had a good time! Remember to comment, I want to hear about your thanksgiving and what you are thankful for! All comments are appreciated!!

1 comment: